The Vigneshwar temple at Ozar is located at a distance of about 100 km from Pune enroute to Nasik.
Ozarcha Shri Vigneshwara is considered to be one of the Ashta Vinayak shrines of Maharashtra, celebrating eight instances of legends related to Ganesha.
Legend has it that a demon by name Vignaasura created obstacles to every good deed performed by the sages and the other inhabitants of the world. Responding to the pleas of the sages, Ganesha set out to battle the demon Vignaasura who quickly realizing his weakness surrendered to Ganesha, and agreed to stop his misdeeds. He also requested Ganesha to take up the name Vigneshwar in connection with his surrender. Legend also has it that the very same sages installed an image of Vigneshwara at Ozar on Ganesh Chaturti and offered worship.
The Temple : An east facing image of Ganesha flanked by his consorts Siddhi and Riddhi is enshrined in this grand temple which has interesting features such as a spacious courtyard, a grand entrance, sculptural and mural work. The image of Ganesha is decorated with precious and semi precious stones.
Route Map to Ozar Vighneshwar Ashtavinayak Darshan
In Junnar taluka of Pune district, Ozar is at a distance of 12 kms. from Narayangaon. Ozar is at a distance of 85 kms. from Pune.
1. Ozar is at a distance of 8 kms from Junnar. S.T. buses don’t go to Ozar directly, you have to get down at Junnar and go to Ozar by rickshaw, jeep, etc.
2. Since the bridge is built on river Kukadi vehicles can directly go upto the temple.
3. There are regular bus services from Shivajinagar bus stand of Pune.
4. From Mumbai, Via-Thane-Kalyan-Bapsai-Saralgaon Ozar is at distance of 182 kms.
Note: In the morning go to Ozar and have Darshan of Vighneshwara at Ozar. In the evening you can enjoy a visit to fort Shivneri. On the second day go and have blessings of Girijatmaj at Lenyadri.
Where to Stay at Ozar Vighneshwar
The Bhakta Bhavan (Tel: 02132-288330/ 440 & Tariff: Rs 200-250) has decent rooms and is the only stay option at Ozar. The temple provides lunch as prasad from noon-2 pm (Rs 20 per meal). Else, small eateries are located outside the temple, which provide basic food items.
Festivals at Ozar Vighneshwar
In addition to Bhadrapada and Magh Shuddha Chaturthi, there is another festival of 5 days from Kartiki Purnima to Chaturthi. There is beautiful lightening (Deep Mala) arrangement during that period.
Additional Information to Ozar Vighneshwar
1. Religious rituals like Pooja, Abhishek, Sahastravartana etc. are done by temple trust on accepting definate donations from devotees.
2. Vighneshwara’s photograph can be taken on giving donation of Rs.21.
3. In front of the temple there is one people tree and Ram temple.
4. Temple trust has built a new lodging complex (Yatri Niwas which costs around 1 crore Rupees) on the bank of river Kukadi. At a time nearly 3000 Ganesh devotees can stay in this building.
5. Temple trust has constructed a place for vehicle parking. Common weddings of poor, school and college for girls are future plans of the temple trustees.
Ozar Vighneshwar Video Overview